Questions and Answers about SalSearch
If you enter "Tocopherol (Antioxidant)", then the search engine considers the addition as part of the ingredient and does not recognize it, even though the addition in brackets actually only describes the nature or function of the before mentioned ingredient. The ingredient "tocopherol" without the addition is known by the search machine for example and produces a reliable result.
In doubt leave off additions and let the SalSearch evaluate the pure ingredient.
More questions on this topic
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
- How the salicylates contained in perfume are evaluated?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?