Questions and Answers about SalSearch
If you enter "Tocopherol (Antioxidant)", then the search engine considers the addition as part of the ingredient and does not recognize it, even though the addition in brackets actually only describes the nature or function of the before mentioned ingredient. The ingredient "tocopherol" without the addition is known by the search machine for example and produces a reliable result.
In doubt leave off additions and let the SalSearch evaluate the pure ingredient.
More questions on this topic
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- How the salicylates contained in perfume are evaluated?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?