Questions and Answers about SalSearch
If you enter "Tocopherol (Antioxidant)", then the search engine considers the addition as part of the ingredient and does not recognize it, even though the addition in brackets actually only describes the nature or function of the before mentioned ingredient. The ingredient "tocopherol" without the addition is known by the search machine for example and produces a reliable result.
In doubt leave off additions and let the SalSearch evaluate the pure ingredient.
More questions on this topic
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?