Questions and Answers about SalSearch
What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- Errors as incorrect spelling, no comma between terms, etc.
- Input of ingredients which are related to drugs, food supplements or other (non-cosmetic)
- Input of brand names or products
- Input of ingredients with additives that are not exclusively related to the ingredient
- Input of German ingredients (often in natural cosmetics), as SalSearch works primarily with the standardized INCI terms (English)
- Input of terms SalSearch does not (yet) know.
More questions on this topic
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?