Questions and Answers about SalSearch
Benzylsalicylate and plant extracts (e.g. oak moss extract), which occur in perfume, will be evaluated by SalSearch as “contains salicylate” because they just contain salicylates. However, since they are present in the perfume additive in cosmetic products in extremely low concentrations, they are considered non-blocking. However SalSearch values only the terms and cannot differentiate in what concentrations they are present in each case. This assessment you will have to make yourself if you want to use such a product.
More questions on this topic
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?