Questions and Answers about SalSearch
Benzylsalicylate and plant extracts (e.g. oak moss extract), which occur in perfume, will be evaluated by SalSearch as “contains salicylate” because they just contain salicylates. However, since they are present in the perfume additive in cosmetic products in extremely low concentrations, they are considered non-blocking. However SalSearch values only the terms and cannot differentiate in what concentrations they are present in each case. This assessment you will have to make yourself if you want to use such a product.
More questions on this topic
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?