Questions and Answers about SalSearch
The ingredients of food are "metabolized" in the liver that means split to a large extent into the same chemically. Salicylic acid (in normal amounts) such as those exist in the (normal) food portions, is reduced to a small quantity and thus not reaches the blood circulation. Thereforeusers also can consume food safely. The situation is different for concentrates and extracts (juice, candy, licorice, tea, etc.), because there the salicylate is much higher.
More questions on this topic
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?