Questions and Answers about SalSearch
The ingredients of food are "metabolized" in the liver that means split to a large extent into the same chemically. Salicylic acid (in normal amounts) such as those exist in the (normal) food portions, is reduced to a small quantity and thus not reaches the blood circulation. Thereforeusers also can consume food safely. The situation is different for concentrates and extracts (juice, candy, licorice, tea, etc.), because there the salicylate is much higher.
More questions on this topic
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- How the salicylates contained in perfume are evaluated?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?