Questions and Answers about SalSearch
The ingredients of food are "metabolized" in the liver that means split to a large extent into the same chemically. Salicylic acid (in normal amounts) such as those exist in the (normal) food portions, is reduced to a small quantity and thus not reaches the blood circulation. Thereforeusers also can consume food safely. The situation is different for concentrates and extracts (juice, candy, licorice, tea, etc.), because there the salicylate is much higher.
More questions on this topic
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?
- Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?