Questions and Answers about SalSearch
For drugs and dietary supplements, the case is more difficult than for cosmetics. Here should be noted whether the material to be tested is an adjuvant or active ingredient, whether it is a topical product or lozenge or a tablet. In addition, the ingredients are listed in German and often contain additives (dye, preservative, etc). The lists in SalSearch are based on the unified INCI-lists, where all the ingredients are usually given in English. Therefore Salsearch cannot value drugs. For information concerning drugs please ask the GUAI GROUP.
More questions on this topic
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- How the salicylates contained in perfume are evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?