Questions and Answers about SalSearch
Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
Cosmetics are getting in contact with skin. The salicylates possibly contained may enter directly into the blood and are only slowly broken down by the liver. Cosmetics with salicylates are the largest risk of blocking for(with exception of mint and menthol in chewing gums, oral care products, etc.).
More questions on this topic
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- What is the difference of the answers "automatically determined" and "verified manually by an expert"?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- What can I use SalSearch for?