Questions and Answers about SalSearch
Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
Cosmetics are getting in contact with skin. The salicylates possibly contained may enter directly into the blood and are only slowly broken down by the liver. Cosmetics with salicylates are the largest risk of blocking for(with exception of mint and menthol in chewing gums, oral care products, etc.).
More questions on this topic
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?
- Why does the salicylate search engine SalSearch give no information about drugs?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- Why does SalSearch not answer requests for brand names or products?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why does SalSearch not value food and food additives?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?