Questions and Answers about SalSearch
Why is the knowledge of the salicylate content of cosmetics especially important?
Cosmetics are getting in contact with skin. The salicylates possibly contained may enter directly into the blood and are only slowly broken down by the liver. Cosmetics with salicylates are the largest risk of blocking for(with exception of mint and menthol in chewing gums, oral care products, etc.).
More questions on this topic
- If an ingredient is considered to contain salicylate, does this mean automatically that Guaifenesin is blocked by the use of this product?
- Why should you not enter additives such as stabilizer, antioxidant, emollient, etc.?
- How the salicylates contained in perfume are evaluated?
- Why is there no evaluation for terms as "flavor", "color", "perfume", "vinegar", etc?
- Why does SalSearch prefer INCI terms?
- Why does SalSearch not value detergent and laundry detergent?
- What can I use SalSearch for?
- What happens to terms that could not be evaluated?
- What are the most common reasons that a term cannot be evaluated?
- Why does SalSearch not value medications and dietary supplements?